Sunday, September 9, 2012

David Gregory's Dereliction Of Duty As A Journalist


I saw the David Gregory interview with Willard Mitt Romney today on MSNBC, and noticed an obvious question that should have absolutely been asked of Romney. below is a letter I wrote to NBC expressing my chagrin at David's dropping of a very big ball.
Read on.

To: steve.capus@nbc.com

From @jennifermerril2

This in response to David Gregory's missed opportunity during his interview with Willard Romney.
Romney said that his economic plan would need 8-10 years to implement safely. Mr. Gregory obviously should have asked why Willard expected that Obama's recovery could be done in 4yrs, and I found myself screaming at my TV for him to do so (too bad we don't have 2-way TV's). In my opinion, that was a dereliction of David's responsibility as a journalist. There is so much at stake in this upcoming election that journo's need to do what they used to do, and call these crooks on their BS. Unless, of course, you don't want to offend your corporate sponsors, like it would if you responsibly reported on the impending disaster that is climate-change.



Befuddled,
Jennifer Merrill

I certainly don;t expect a response, but I simply had to get it off my chest.

No comments:

Post a Comment